Fibroids can cause lower back pain, pelvic pain and frequent urination. In extreme cases, it can also cause infertility. Many women trouble to get pregnant due to this physical condition. In this post, a brief discussion will take place that will cover all the information that you need to know about this type of tumor.
What It Is?
Fibroid is a type of tumor that is found in the reproductive system of women. This type of tumor is also known as uterine myomas, fibromas or leiomyomas. These all are compact tumors that are made of the muscle cell and connective tissues of fibrous.
According to numerous medical studies, the fact which came out is that 20to 50% women become a patient of fibroid during their reproductive age. 30to 77% women develop this type of tumor during their childbearing periods. It has two interesting facts.
1. This type of tumors is very small in size. So it is almost next to impossible to detect it during a physical checkup.
2. 99% of this type of tumor is benign. Which means it is a non-cancerous lump.
The common symptoms of this type of tumor generally include:
· Heavy periods
· Abnormal bleeding during periods
· Pain during intercourse
What Causes It?
It is not clearly known till date what causes this type of tumor. It is an assumption that fibroids are developed from the uterus aberrant muscle cell. Due to the influence of estrogen these seeds grow rapidly.
How to Detect This Type of Tumors
Two third of fibroids cannot be identified during a general physical checkup.The below methods can help doctors to diagnose this condition:
2. Ultrasonography (Trans-vaginal Ultrasound)
3. MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
5. Blood test
7. Endometrial Biopsy
What Are the Methods Used for its Treatment?
Doctors decide the treatment process for curing this type of tumor after going through your symptoms and monitoring the health conditions of the patient. There are many doctors who had successfully helped their patients to give birth of a child during fibroid pregnancy. The below parameters played a vital role when doctors decide the process of a treatment:
1. The medical history of the patient and her overall health condition
2. Tolerance of the patient for specific procedures and medications
3. The desire and opinion of the patient about pregnancy
The general treatment method of this type of tumor mainly includes:
3. Anti-hormonal agents
4. Anti-inflammatory painkillers
5. Conservative surgical therapy
6. Uterine artery embolization
7. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists
So here you came to know everything about fibroids. If you still have any question regarding this, feel free to ask your question by using the comment box below.