Gastric bypass is surgery that helps you lose weight by changing how your stomach and small intestine handle the food you eat. After the surgery, your stomach will be smaller. You will feel full with less food. Because of this, your body will not get all of the calories from the food you eat.
Outlook of Gastric Bypass Surgery (Prognosis)
Most people lose about 10 to 20 pounds (4.5 to 9 kilograms) a month in the first year after surgery. Weight loss will decrease over time. By sticking to your diet and exercise from the beginning, you lose more weight. You may lose one half or more of your extra weight in the first 2 years. If you are still on a liquid or pureed diet you can lose weight very quickly. Losing enough weight after gastric bypass surgery can improve many medical conditions, including:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Type 2 diabetes
- Weighing less should also make it much easier for you to move around and do your everyday activities.
Fortis healthcare offers gastric bypass for international patients
Patients are flocking to India to get gastric bypass surgery at Fortis healthcare; a large draw is convenience and speed. In western countries that operate public healthcare systems are often so taxed that it can take considerable time to get non-urgent medical care. The time spent waiting for a weight-loss surgery procedure in Canada can be anywhere from three to eight years, and gastric bypass is not covered at all. Patients must pay out-of-pocket for the procedure, and for all pre-care and follow-up care as well. At Fortis Healthcare a patient could feasibly have an operation the day after arrival and in many cases for one quarter to one sixth of the price at home. The rate at which you can get it set up and paid for determines how fast you can have your surgery. Bariatric surgery is less expensive at Fortis Healthcare in Mumbai, in general, is less regulated. Wages are lower and the cost of the same equipment tends to be less as well. This all leads to a lower overall cost
Advantages of getting Gastric bypass Surgery at Fortis Healthcare in Mumbai
Here are some of the benefits that patients can avail by opting for Fortis Healthcare.
- Qualified, skilled, and experienced surgeons at Fortis Healthcare in Mumbai
- High-quality health care system and modern medical infrastructure
- Low-cost surgery compared to that in US, UK, or any other European country
- Immediate attention to patients and quick treatment. Most patients need to stay in the hospital only for a day because of the use of minimally invasive methods of surgery
- Exceptional post-operative care
- Low-risk surgery with excellent long-term results
- Conducive climate for speedy recovery from treatment
- Preferred tourist destination
- English is also widely spoken. Patients will not find any difficulty in communicating with doctors. Interpreter services are also available for patients.
- Apart from being a tourist destination and well-loved for its history and culture, India is rich in culture, natural beauty and great weather are additional reasons why patients should be choosing Fortis Healthcare for affordable gastric bypass surgery in India.
Watch Video Online : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Docb33L6oc8
Fortis Healthcare in Mumbai facilitates affordable Gastric Bypass (weight loss) surgery in India. They provide you with a full package that includes travel, surgery and hospital stay in India. Fill out the free estimate request form for a free quote & more information.
You do not have to wait for meeting Doctor. We have fast track services for our patients.You can Email or Call us on
For Immediate Appointment - +91-9373055368
For Fast Track Query Reply - firstname.lastname@example.org