Problem in hearing the sound is called hearing loss. Hearing loss is also known as hearing disorder or hearing impairment. Sometimes the problem of hearing is treated by the medicine or surgery. As we know there are many types of hearing loss. In every type of hearing loss medicine and surgery does not work.
There are different solutions for different hearing loss. In many of the hearing loss cases, hearing aids work.
Hearing aid is an small electronic device that is used to improve the hearing. Hearing aids are also known as the medical devices. There are so many types of hearing aids.But every type of hearing aid is not suitable for every type of hearing loss.
If you feel some problem in your hearing then go for the hearing test. Your audiologist will tell you which type of hearing loss you are suffering from. What will be the treatment for your hearing loss.
Hearing Aid types:- Some of the Hearing Aid types are given below:-
1. Behind the ear (BTE) hearing aid
2. Receiver in the ear (RITE) hearing aid
3. In the ear (ITE) hearing aid
4. In the canal (ITC) hearing aid
5. Completely in the canal (CIC) hearing aid
1. Behind the ear (BTE) hearing aid:- BTE hearing aid consist of two microphones that allows you to listen the sounds in the general vicinity or to focus on the sound that are coming from a particular direction.
2. Receiver in the canal (RIC) hearing aid:- RIC hearing aid is similar to BTE but it is wear behind the ear. It is connected by a wire to a receiver located within the ear canal. It is less visible in comparison of BTE.
3. In the ear (ITE) hearing aid:- ITE hearing aid is just like an earmould. It fills just ITE are inside the shell.
4. In the canal (ITC) hearing aid:- ITC hearing aid fills the outside area of ear canal. It is visible.
5. Completely in the canal (CIC) hearing aid:- CIC hearing aids are even smaller. It is less visible in comparison of ITE or ITC hearing aids.