“I have always wanted to write an article on hearing Loss Treatment. According to my experience Hearing loss mostly occur in old age.”
Hearing loss is the inability to listen things, partially or completely. It is also known as the Hearing Impairment or Hearing Disability. Hearing impairment means the problem in the part of one ear or ears.
In other words problem in hearing the sound is known as hearing loss or hearing disability. This problem mostly occurs in the old age.
Hearing loss causes:- There are many types of Hearing Loss Causes, some of which can be treated by surgery or medicine.
2. Autoimmune inner ear disease
3. Head Trauma
4. Meniere’s Disease
5.Virus or Disease
Hearing Loss Treatment:- Hearing Loss Treatment depends on which type of Hearing Loss you are suffering from. If you are having the problem of Hearing Loss then you can refer to the following treatments.
Hearing Aid:- Hearing aid is a device that is used by the people having the problem of hearing loss. It consist of microphone, loudspeaker, amplifier and a battery. It increases the volume of sound that enters into your ear. So that you can hear the sound clearly.
Types of Hearing Aid:-
1. Behind the ear (BTE) hearing aids:- BTE hearing aid consist of two microphones that allows you to listen the sounds in the general vicinity or to focus on the sound that are coming from a particular direction.
2. Receiver in the ear (RITE) hearing aids:- RITE hearing aid is similar to BTE but it is wear behind the ear. It is connected by a wire to a receiver located within the ear canal. It is less visible in comparison of BTE.
3. In the ear (ITE) hearing aids:- ITE hearing aid is just like an earmould. It fills just outside area of an ear canal and the opening area of ear canal. The working parts of ITE are inside the shell.
4. In the canal ITC) hearing aids:- ITC hearing aid fills the outside area of ear canal. It is visible.
5. Completely in the canal (CIC) hearing aids:- CIC hearing aids are even smaller. It is less visible in comparison of ITE or ITC hearing aids.
6. Body worn (BW) hearing aids:- BW hearing aids having a small box with a microphone. You can put this box into your pocket or it can be clipped to your clothes. A lead connects the box to an earphone, which deliver the sound into your ear.
7. CROS/BICROS hearing aids:- CROS hearing aids pick up the sound from the side that does not have hearing and transmitting them to the ear that is able to hear.
BICROS hearing aids work similar to the CROS hearing aids, but they amplify the noise. This noise enters into the ear that is able to hear. This type of hearing aid is very useful for the people having some hearing loss in one year and don’t have hearing in other ear.
8. Bone Conduction Hearing Aids (BCHA):- Bone conduction hearing aid is useful for the people having Mixed or Conductive hearing loss who can’t wear a conventional type of hearing aid. Bone Conduction Hearing aids vibrate in response to the sounds going into the microphone.
9. Bone Anchored Hearing Aids (BAHA):- BAHA transmits the sound directly to cochlea by vibrating the mastoid bone. A minor operation is needed to fix a screw to the skull, on which the hearing aid can be clipped on and off.
10. Middle ear implants:- These devices are the surgically implanted devices. These are attached to the Hearing bones and make them vibrate.
11. Disposable Hearing aids:- The battery inside a disposable hearing aid usually lasts for about 12 weeks, after which time the hearing aid is thrown away and replaced.
12. Cochlear Implants:- Cochlear implants are very small devices . These devices are fitted under the skin behind your ear during surgery.
13. Auditory brainstem implants:- ABI is used when there is a problem with the nerve that transmits the sound to the brain.
14. Lip Reading and Sign Language:- People with the hearing loss watch a person’s mouth movement while they are speaking, to understand what they’re saying.