Tips for decorating without buying anything new...I do this all the time.
• Declutter! This is probably the single best thing you can do for your space. Clutter saps energy and detracts from a home's strengths.
• Organize. Make sure that there's a place for everything and everything's in its place. If there's no spot for it, get rid of it.
• Clean. Cleaning floors, windows, and surfaces brings a sense of order and calm to a space.
• Rearrange. After your space has been cleared of clutter and cleaned, spend a few minutes in a room and pay attention to its energy flow. Draw up a floorplan and rearrange your furniture for the best flow. Pick a color scheme and move your personal items with the new colors from other places into the new space.
• Paint. Okay, you do have to buy the paint, but painting is one of the most cost-effective ways to spruce up a space.
• Restore. If you have quality furniture that's a little out of date, upgrade it by restoring it with a fresh coat of paint, a reupholstered seat, or new hardware.