When you try to open your company or business file on a windows system and that file is not accessible and the error message 6190,-816 describe QuickBooks was unable to open the file on the host computer. This error code 6190, -816 is one of the most common errors found.
Reason Behind these Error 6190, -816 are:
- May be the Transaction log file different from company file. The transaction log file is the record of transactions done by company file. The transaction log file is the record of transactions done by the company and is auto saved by this software. It is stored as .QBW, .TLG file
- · When The .QBW file does not match with its .TLG linked file. Then QuickBooks shows error 6190, -816.
- · When you try to update company file on different PC without upgrading its transaction file, it will show error 6190, -816.
- · Another reason may be when someone try to access company files in single user mode.
How to resolve QuickBooks Error code 6190, -816:
Solution 1:Before performing anything in your QuickBooks, make sure your QuickBooks software is updated with the latest version. Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool:
· Download and install “QuickBooks File Doctor” tool.
· Run the tool.
· You must be logged in as Administrator. If not, it will direct you to do so.
· You will get two options: Network connectivity only and Both file damage and network connectivity.
· Select the second option as it will detect corrupted or damaged files and will help to fix the error 6190,-816.
· Click on Next option and then enter your Admin password.
· Now, check the company file is on a Workstation or Server.
· Select “Yes” if you’re using the company file on your server and “No” if using from Workstation.
· Click on “Proceed.”
The results will be displayed. It will automatically detect and repair the corrupted company file.
Solution 2: Fix the mismatch: Make sure you're using the same computer on which you've saved the company file. Next, what you need to do is rename the files. Renaming these files does not cause any data loss. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
· Open the company folder.
· Click on next option, you need to find the company file. The transaction log file and company file will have the same name but different extensions. For example, the company file name will be [company file name].QBW.ND and transaction log file name will be [company file name].QBW.TLG .
· Right-click the company file and select "Rename" option. Enter any new name or simply add "-OLD" at the end of the name. Don't delete extension or ".QBW.ND" from the end.
· Rename the transaction log file without eliminating the extension.
· Exit the system now.
· Open QuickBooks and try to login in the company file.
Solution 3: If you still get an error, then try next solution: Single Mode User Check:
· Make sure all the users are logged out of the QuickBooks Data file.
· Next, restart the computers.
· Now copy the data file to the desktop or to another location apart from its source.
· Again copy the data file back to its original location.
· Sign into QuickBooks.
· These are the possible fixes of QuickBooks error code 6190, -816. And if you still can’t access it, then you need to purchase the “Auto Data Recovery” tool by The Intuit Data Services to recover the files.
If you still found these errors then call our QuickBooks Error support number +1855-441-4417. We are always ready to help you. Our US based QuickBooks Team resolves your error within few minutes.