QuickBooks: Error H101, H202, H303, or H505 when opening your company file
QuickBooks Company Error H101, H202, H303, or H505, this kind of Error mostly occur while you’re trying to access company files which are located on another computer and you would be getting this error.
In today’s post, we have discussed about these errors in detail. You may follow these instructions to fix this error code by yourself. Also, if you want to hire an expert to quickly resolve your problem, you can contact our QuickBooks Customer Support team.
Why is this happening?
Some of the issues can cause these errors:
- Hosting configuration settings are incorrect.
- The firewall is blocking incoming/outgoing correspondence to the organization file.
- QuickBooks can’t get the IP address of the system hosting the company file.
- Workstations are configured to open the file through the host's Fully Qualified Domain Name or DNS settings are incorrect.
Read more about this article: QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H303, or H505
How to Resolve H101, H202, H303, and H505 QuickBooks errors?
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
Download and Run the QuickBooks file doctor on the server, which will attempt you to let you know the multi-user QuickBooks error (H101, H202, H303, and H505).
Still, you’re facing this error, follow the next solution.
Solution 2: Verify hosting and services
Verify the hosting:
- On each hosting computer open QuickBooks and go to File>Utilities.
- See Host Multi-User Access on the list, this PC is not hosting the Document. Move to the next laptop.
- If you see Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, select it.
In the Company, File Must Be Closed window, click Yes.
Verify the services:
- Ensure that QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor Service are started.
- Click on Windows Start button.
- Press the Windows key + R to bring up the run box.
- In run box type MSC and press Enter.
- Scroll down and presence for QuickBooksDBXX service.
- Click on Recovery.
- Open computer system menu selects restart, this will automatically restart the QuickBooksDB service if it fails. Do the same for Second failure.
- Click to save the changes.
- Replay the above all steps for QBCFMonitor Service
- Lastly, open QuickBooks in the multi-user mode on each workstation.
Solution 3: Open the network ports QuickBooks uses to transmit data
Uninstall the AVG program to modify the windows defender that comes built into home Windows 8.
Follow the given steps on each computer:
- Make connection Windows Firewall Settings.
- On the left, right-click on Outbound Rules, and select New Rule
- Select Ports and click Next.
- Choose TCP and in the specific local ports box.
- Click Next and select Allow the Connection.
- Click Next to enter a name in the name field (for example, “QuickBooks ports”) and click Finish.
- Repeat above steps for the Inbound Rules.
- Open QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
Enjoy our Magnificent QuickBooks error support services: Hope, you find this article useful. Still, are you facing any kind of problem? Well, our QuickBooks Point of sale support +1-844-551-9757 is always open to assist you.