For Calgary rentals, you need to follow a “to-do” checklist before locking into a lease. For condos for rent in Calgary, apartments for rent in Calgary, or Calgary house rentals, following the checklist will help you make the right decision. Ultimately, you will find a rental property that fits within your budget, is in the preferred location, and offers the type of amenities considered most important.
- Noise Level – You need to visit apartments, houses, and condos for rent in Calgary during the day and at night. That way, you can accurately calculate the noise level. In addition, you should identify any nearby airports, train stations, and subways that would cause significant noise.
- Clean, Running Water – Turn on faucets to check for clean and running water as well as good pressure. You also want to look for signs of leakage under the kitchen and bathroom cabinets and around the base of the toilet.
- Squeaking Floors – When looking at apartments for rent in Calgary, take note of any squeaking floors from upstairs neighbors walking around. While the noise may not bother you initially, it could eventually become a problem.
- Window and Door Check – Safety is always a top priority, so check and double-check the security of the windows and doors. At the same time, determine if there are any drafts, and make sure that screens are in place.
- Foul Odors – Honest landlords will take appropriate measures to eliminate any odors caused by mold and pet urine, among other things. This includes painting the interior and replacing the flooring. However, if you walk into a rental and notice a foul odor, move on. If the landlord did not make an effort to remedy the problem before showing you the property, there is little chance that anything would be done after moving in.
- Working Appliances – Check to see if appliances are working, including the refrigerator, freezer, oven, stove top burners, and even a sump pump and washer/dryer, if applicable.
For the best rental properties in Calgary, you can use the services provided by Strategic Group. To learn about these services and how they can help you, please visit our website or call us today.